Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Machu Pichu

To use the word 'awesome' to describe Machu Pichu and the Inca trail is to lessen the actually awe experienced seeing the sun rise over the cloud wreathed ruins. The whole trek was fantastic though wearying - I don´t think anybody quite realises how hard it is to climb nearly a vertical kilometre in a morning until they have done it. Apart from sore muscles though we are happy and healthy. we'll post pictures and so forth when we get to our hostel - at the moment I'm just killing time in Aguas Calientes, the tourist town at the base of Machu Pichu, waiting for our train back to Cuzco.
Chao
-Robert

P.S: There are Llamas on top of Machu Pichu. They were stalked and molested (in a friendly way). We also have pictures of that.

5 comments:

their dad said...

Great to hear you all made it! How was the birthday Robert... tiring?

ps to all who may read and be wondering if these boys spent too long in NZ on the way, "molestas" in spanish just means to annoy...

Unknown said...

Good to see you all survived the trek relatively intact! Looking forward to the photos. Thank goodness you only molested the llamas in a "Friendly Way"!!?????

P

Anonymous said...

Pichu will always be a pokemon in my books, haha :P

What's with the distinct lack of images in this update?

Anonymous said...

argh argh argh! llamas.

Anonymous said...

I told you guys you had no idea. Those llamas are amazing too, but when I went I also spotted a Chinchilla, so I guess I win!